Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Writing on the Wall


 You might remember this gem of a bathroom from my first before and after post a month or so back.  To see it in its original condition covered in hunter green and maroon wallpaper check out the pics from the before and after post (and prepare to be frightened). Well, it is almost finished and ready for final details...
Primed walls. Finally. After much spraying with the miracle of vinegar and water (more on that absolute genius liquid later...) and scraping by my dear friend in all things home improvement and blond moments.  
My husband  "happily" assembled this medicine cabinet that came in about 100 pieces.  I am no longer permitted to put furniture together after the move.  It seems several pieces of furniture in our old house that I had put together looked like they were assembled correctly, but, alas, they collapsed when he tried to move them into the truck.
The blank spaces on this wall is what I'm getting my hands on next.  I hung up some art work next to the mirror, but wanted something a little different.  I always love a little irony in my art and decor so I am going to take a cue from the scribbled on stall walls of restaurants and bars to decorate this spot.  Equipped with some lines quoted from my favorite authors and a few different stencil fonts I'm going to get some writing up on these walls.  Stay tuned for more after pics. And if you think of any quotes that just scream "put me on a bathroom wall!" let me know :)

1 comment: